Saturday, November 1, 2008

Student's Dorm the Making



Topic : Assignment 2 (The Making)

Theme : Student’s Dorm

Genre : Girlish

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Design Description

This is a student’s dorm which I prefer to make for my own dorm room at hostel of Multimedia University, Cyberjaya. In this room, two persons stay there. I make full complete facilities such as wardrobe, study table, bed and etc. Moreover, I created the best and the most comfortable facilities in order to create the best study environment in this room. As for girls, I make this room to look more girlish style. So, girlish style suites them because girls love colourful environment to make them feel cheerful, fresher and more concentrate to their study. Thus, I also include an air-con inside to make them feel more comfortable. Inside this room, they need brighter lights for studies. Furthermore, I make this room as simple as I can because they need space to make them more focus to their studies.


Design Tools

How to Start ?


To start designing for this modeling, I choose from ‘Create’ function from the menu bar. Then, I can either choose using ‘Standard Primitives’, ‘Compound Primitives’, ‘Shapes’ or etc.. For example, if I want to create a table, the basic shape that I need to use is the box. After creating the box, I can edit my table by clicking the ‘Modify’ functions.


How to Modify?


To create a vase, wire and also rope, I used the ‘Loft’ function to make the object look smooth and curvy. To get that, I create it by using ‘Spline’ and modify it by using ‘scale’ function in the ‘deformation’ function. So, from the ‘Loft’ function, I can create as many curve that I want.


How to Map?


To do the mapping for the object, I used the ‘Material Editor’ in the menu bar. I choose to used ‘Blinn’ and ‘Multi-Layer’ for most of my material. For example for this window, I choose a texture that similar to the real window and I applied it into my object. I also can change the specula level and the glossiness to make my object looks real. To make it transparent, I used the opacity function. For example, if I’m creating a glass, I chose the refraction from 1.5 to 1.9. That will make my object looks real.



How to do lighting?


To create lighting, I can get it from the ‘Create’ function in menu bar and choose any type of lighting that is suitable for my scene. I choose the ‘Target Spotlight’ and also ‘The Omni light’ for my scene. The lighting also can be adjustable to make the scene looks real.


How to Render?

Rendering is the last part to do in order to see the outcome of the scenery. To do so, just click on ‘Rendering’ function at the main bar or I can simply press ‘F9’ to do shortcut for the rendering. Sometime, the rendering will take to much time complete. This is because of the lighting and the material that we used in this project. So, my project took 5 to 8 minutes to complete the render for one whole scene. When the rendering is complete, I can choose to save it in ‘JPEG’ format or else.



Final Outcome


-Whole Room-


-Vases, Mirror, Books and book shelve-


-bed & windows-


-bed and study station-


-work station-


-my Computer-


0 comments: